The Art of Makeup is an independently owned boutique school dedicated to education in the art, business, and techniques of professional makeup artistry.
The Art of Makeup’s training and education environment provides the necessary foundation to learn makeup artistry skills from successful working makeup artists current in fashion and makeup trends, film, television, stage, special effects and HD makeup. The Art of Makeup is located in the Southwest area of Portland, OR and is licensed with the Oregon department of HECC (Higher Education Coordinating Commission).
- The Art of Makeup is quickly gaining national recognition.
- Students from all over the US and world have enrolled in programs at The Art of Makeup.
- The Art of Makeup teaches students with many different goals, whether for personal gain, hobby, or professional ambitions.
- A photography studio is incorporated into the classroom to document each makeup look and images are supplied for portfolio building.
The Art of Makeup Facility
The Art of Makeup School is conveniently located in the Southwest area of Portland, Oregon right on the border of Lake Oswego near the 5 Freeway and directly across the street from PCC – Sylvania Campus (Portland Community College). On-site free covered parking is available. The school is in a comfortable setting with customized makeup stations, professional lighting, special effects lab, and a photography studio. There is a break area with a kitchen for student use, PCC public facilities and food court are available, as well as nearby restaurants and coffee shops. It is handicap accessible.
*Tours by appointment only, please.
- Graduate Job Board! Through a network of industry relationships, The Art of Makeup assists student certificate program graduates obtain work and experience through exclusive membership on the AofM Job Board.
- Hire a Makeup Artist! We have many talented Certificate Program graduates well trained in all areas of makeup artistry located throughout Oregon and Washington. Please contact us if you are interested in hiring a makeup artist or collaborating with The Art of Makeup School.
The Art of Makeup Instructors
- Makeup is something Rebekah has always enjoyed. When she was little she played with whatever makeup she could get her hands on before she even knew the possibility of making it a career. As she grew older she heard about cosmetology school, but didn’t have … Read More
- Faith Daniels recently graduated from The Art of Makeup School’s signature and most comprehensive program, the 14-week Multimedia Master Makeup Artist Program. This program covers everything from the basics of color theory and beauty, to specialized skills such as airbrush, hair styling, character makeup, and … Read More
- The Art of Makeup collaborated with fashion makeup artist Alma Cedillo for our first editorial fashion magazine photo shoot! Our current program students had the opportunity to experience working on location on a photo shoot for internationally distributed Vuez Magazine. Because of Alma’s relationship with … Read More
- The Art of Makeup School had the great pleasure of welcoming Jeff Dawn, Academy Award Winner for Best Make-Up on Terminator 2. The 40 year makeup veteran who is currently on break after department heading Hawaii Five-0 for the last 9 years, shared his career … Read More
- This month The Art of Makeup School students are published in 2 magazines! TearSheet PDX is a beautiful fashion magazine that is locally created and published by makeup artist Melanie Jackson. Artists from around the world submit their work for publication, but local artists are … Read More
- Summer Makeup Camp is only a week away, and we are so excited to tell you who’s teaching! All of the instructors at The Art of Makeup School are successful working free-lance makeup artists with impressive portfolios and years of experience, and this includes our … Read More
- Megan Garcia always knew she wanted to be an artist, even at the age of 5. She just didn’t know how yet. She was always interested in being involved somehow in making movies, and as she got older, life kept pushing her in that direction. … Read More
- Savannah Somerville is a model graduate for what it takes to succeed. She is focused, determined, and with specific goals in mind, she has been going after them since the day she graduated! Her enthusiasm and professionalism on set has connected her to a … Read More
- Hair, Makeup, & Special FX Artists Available For Hire The Art of Makeup School is a great resource to find trained makeup artists who specialize in working on set for film, television, and commercial productions. In addition to hair and makeup application skills from straight beauty and … Read More
- Supreet Prehar is a perfect example of what goals, motivation, and determination can lead to when one follows through with their dreams and takes action. It can only lead to success, and that is exactly what Supreet has achieved in just over one year … Read More
- In just over 3 months from graduating The Art of Makeup School, Signe Larsen is well on her way to a successful career in makeup artistry! Signe joined us for our June 2019 Character & Special FX program with an already impressive resume in relatable … Read More
- There are so many avenues one can take as a makeup artist, that sometimes I am surprised to find out about career paths that never even occurred to me as a makeup artist. Sometimes, I find out about these career paths from The Art of … Read More
- The Fashion industry in Portland is on the rise with indie apparel and unique local brands flourishing. The Pacific Northwest has been known for its outdoor & athletic apparel with major brands like Columbia Sportswear, Sorel, Nike, Adidas, Keen, Reebok, Under Armour, and Ice Breaker … Read More
- What makes the Art of Makeup School successful and a standout source for makeup education? We interviewed a recent graduate Allisun Sipes to find out why after attending other makeup schools, she finally decided on The Art of Makeup School as the one school that … Read More
- June 6, 2018 The love of makeup artistry transcends all ages, genders and races, and The Art of Makeup School supports students of all kinds with a variety of goals to make their personal dreams come true. Sometimes those dreams never got realized early on, … Read More
- We’ve been busy this spring catching up with former students and getting their advice on what it takes to be a working professional. Danielle Millard only graduated 6 months ago and is already proving she’s a force to be reckoned with. Upon graduating from The … Read More
- Brittan Bodnar only graduated from Art of Makeup 6 1/2 months ago, and not long before that had just graduated High School, and she’s already well on her way to making a career for herself in makeup artistry. She just sent me this message which I … Read More
- As you know, a career in makeup artistry can take you down many paths, some rather unexpectedly! Having an open mind and flexibility can bring a lot of adventure and new experiences. Shannon Vincent recently became the IMATS retail sales manager, and gets to travel to every … Read More
- A career as a makeup artist can take you down many paths, and Art of Makeup graduates have achieved successful careers in so many different ways! Brooke Morse graduated from Art of Makeup in 2012. Since then her life has taken her to Britain and back, … Read More
- Student: Camille Rose Milroy Program: Art of Makeup Master Class From: Anchorage, AK Currently Residing: Anchorage, AK Portfolio: camrosebeauty.com Camille Rose Milroy came all the way from the Inupik region of Alaska to attend Art of Makeup. She wanted to be a part of the … Read More
- Sarah was no ordinary student of mine. Every student has their own special qualities, but Sarah Rubano is pretty darn extra special and it was such an honor to have her in my classes. Not only was Sarah the Head of theHair and Makeup Department … Read More
- Student: Jennifer Knauss Program: Art of Makeup Master Class From: Sherwood, OR Currently Residing: Portland, OR Jennifer Knauss came to Art of Makeup after leaving cosmetology school when she became discouraged upon discovering there was no focus on makeup. Makeup was what she really wanted … Read More
- Courtney Lewis was one of the first people to knock on my door when I started teaching classes in 2012. She was still in high school, but had been planning her future for as long as she could remember. She wanted to be a Disney princess … Read More