The Master Class Certificate Program
The Master Class – 175 clock hours / 7-Weeks
The Master Class Certificate Program emphasizes the fundamental essentials of every media and production makeup artist given the scope of opportunities available in photo shoots and other media, fashion, film, television, and stage productions. No experience is necessary to enroll in this program.
A 7-week Day schedule and 7-week Weekend/Evening schedule options are available. Both schedules are the same amount of clock hours and sessions alternate throughout the year for planning convenience. The Master Class Certificate Program combines nine courses, providing a comprehensive education and preparation for student graduates to explore career options in every genre of makeup artistry, without the advanced skills of Character and Special Effects makeup required of a film, television and theatre makeup artist. The program concludes with a fashion photo shoot day with a professional fashion photographer and model. Students get a chance to use creativity and skills learned throughout the program to apply makeup and style hair.
Classes are a combination of lectures, demos, student application, and photo shoots. Students alternate practicing on each other in order to work with a variety of skin types and coloring, while gaining the experience of working with different subjects. Photos are shot throughout the program in a portrait studio and/or outdoors. A career marketing class for the professional media and production makeup artist is also included. Students will learn marketing techniques, social media trends, resources, best business practices, etiquette, rates, invoicing, and other useful tips to begin their career, and membership on a graduate only job board will provide career and experiential opportunities in the field. A Certificate of Completion is issued upon successful graduation.
See individual Course descriptions below.
Highlights of Program:
- Certificate of Completion issued upon successful graduation
- Career Marketing course (available to Certificate Program students only)
- Manual & Handouts issued throughout program
- Participation opportunities in real work collaborations
- Membership on the private AofM job board (for 18 months after graduation)
- Discounts from hundreds of pro and major makeup/hair product brands (ongoing after gradation)
- High resolution pictures from our portrait studio for portfolio building and documentation
- Fashion photo shoot day with professional photographer and model
- No experience necessary to enroll in a program
- Corrective Beauty
- Fashion & Media Makeup
- Decade Makeup
- Hair Styling for Production & Media
- Airbrush Makeup
- Out of the Kit FX
- Film, Television & Stage Makeup
- Career Marketing
- Fashion Photo Shoot Day
2018 The Master Class Schedule:
Jan 2-Feb 15 Day Schedule
~ Brittany N.