- The Art of Makeup is quickly gaining national recognition.
- Students from all over the US and world have enrolled in programs at The Art of Makeup.
- The Art of Makeup teaches students with many different goals, whether for personal gain, hobby, or professional ambitions.
- A photography studio is incorporated into the classroom to document each makeup look and images are supplied for portfolio building.
- Classes suit all skill levels, and kept small for individualized attention.
- Art of Makeup is a proud member of Northwest Career Colleges Federation/NWCC, Washington Filmworks and Oregon Media Production Association (OMPA/Source Oregon) and is active in legislation to protect makeup artist rights.
- Local and discounted housing accommodation referrals available for out of town students.
- The Art of Makeup is a resource for local film production companies, filmmakers, theater, models, actors, apparel brands, media, and photographers.
- The Art of Makeup networks and engages with the local production industry community and connects students to paid and non-paid jobs and real work experience.
- Certificate Program graduates are placed on a private job board where makeup jobs and opportunities are regularly posted to the group. Graduates have worked with AofM collaboration partners such as Oregon Ballet Theater, Horizon Air, NW Film Center, OMSI, Couve Couture, and many more indie productions (browse our facebook page).
- The kits supplied for each class contain the most professional makeup and tools in the industry.
- Certificate of Completion provided upon successful program graduation.
- The Art of Makeup’s education program is unique for the Northwest and will not be found in any esthetics or cosmetology school in the nation!
- The Art of Makeup is among the only schools in the Northwest eligible for the M.A.C PRO Student Program and is an Urban Decay Pro Approved School.
- IN THE NEWS: See our Press page for recent features and videos in local and national media.
- Payment Plans and Financial assistance available
- Please see CAREER OPPORTUNITIES page for Makeup Artist career resources.
“You are the greatest teacher that I could have asked for! Finding your school was a little miracle for me, and I am so glad that I have had the good fortune of learning from you. All the students I have met who studied under you feel the same way, too. You really are an awesome teacher!”