Fashion Makeup Artistry Virtual Certification Program – 53 Hours / 3-Weeks
Become a Certified Makeup Artist with a Live Online Instructor!
The Art of Makeup School’s Fashion Makeup Artistry Certificate Program is now offered VIRTUALLY on Zoom!
All classes, demonstrations, and lectures are interactive and will be streaming live with an instructor.
All instructors are fashion industry experienced and professional working makeup and hair artists.
No pre-recorded videos.
The Fashion Makeup Artistry Certificate Program provides an education specific to those students looking to pursue a career in makeup artistry for professional fashion, lifestyle, catalogue, and editorial photo shoots, fashion runway shows, commercials, music videos, live performances and red carpet events, and other fashion and advertising media that requires fashion makeup and hairstyling services.
The foundation of makeup artistry is taught in this class by first learning the fundamentals of color theory, lighting, skin tone matching, highlighting and contouring, corrective techniques, lash application, natural, classic and dramatic beauty applications using a variety of techniques, tools, and products. Sanitation, skin preparation and product knowledge are also thoroughly reviewed.
Fashion & Media Makeup
Makeup applications for advertising, editorial, sport, runway, fantasy, and romantic beauty looks are covered, as well as how to create a clean commercial makeup look with healthy, glowing skin. Topics such as keeping current on makeup fashion trends, editorial body makeup, and creating a makeup design are also covered.
Makeup history and trends from the 18th century, 1920’s, 1950’s, 1960’s, 1970’s, and 1980’s. Detail lip and eye liner, lash application, and eyebrow blocking techniques to achieve these looks are included. Decade Makeup is also known as Period Makeup.
Hair Styling for Production & Media
This course covers everything a makeup artist needs to know about the basic fundamentals of hair styling, to more elaborate and challenging hair styles. Overview and topics covered: Safety, blow drying, backcombing, use of velcro rollers, hot irons for straight and curled styles, pony tails, braiding, and updos.
Students will learn marketing techniques, social media trends, resources, best business practices, etiquette, rates, invoicing, and other useful tips to begin their career.
- Three 4-day weeks include all courses.
- Each day begins at 10am Tuesday-Friday and finishes between 3pm & 4:30pm depending on the day. Daily schedules will be provided upon enrollment.
- Online Zoom meeting and preparatory info will be sent upon enrollment.
- No experience necessary to enroll in a program.
- Certificate of Completion issued upon completion.
- Students will receive The Art of Makeup’s exclusive makeup manual.
* Kits needed:
* Supplies from our Beauty and Hair Styling kits can be ordered from The Art of Makeup and shipped to you if you are not local to the Portland, OR area. Please contact us for a list of suggested makeup supplies that will be needed or can be purchased from us to complete the program.