The Art of Makeup, an independently owned boutique school, is the Pacific Northwest’s only licensed career school exclusively dedicated to education in the art, business, and techniques of professional makeup artistry.
The Art of Makeup’s training and education environment provides the necessary foundation to learn makeup artistry skills from successful working makeup artists current in fashion and makeup trends, film, television, stage, special effects and HD makeup. The Art of Makeup is located in the Southwest area of Portland, OR.
- Art of Makeup is quickly gaining national recognition.
- Students from all over the world have enrolled in programs at Art of Makeup.
- Art of Makeup teaches students with many different goals, whether for personal gain, hobby, or professional ambitions.
- A photography studio is incorporated into the classroom to document each makeup look and images are supplied for portfolio building.
The Art of Makeup Facility
The Art of Makeup School is conveniently located in the Southwest area of Portland, Oregon right on the border of Lake Oswego near the 5 Freeway and directly across the street from PCC – Sylvania Campus (Portland Community College). On-site free covered parking is available. The school is in a comfortable setting with customized makeup stations, professional lighting, special effects lab, and a photography studio. There is a break area with a kitchen for student use, PCC public facilities and food court are available, as well as nearby restaurants and coffee shops. It is handicap accessible.
*Tours by appointment only, please.
The Art of Makeup Instructors
instructor & sfx program designer
- June 6, 2018 The love of makeup artistry transcends all ages, genders and races, and The Art of Makeup School supports students of all kinds with a variety of goals to make their personal dreams come true. Sometimes those dreams never got realized early on, … Read More
- We’ve been busy this spring catching up with former students and getting their advice on what it takes to be a working professional. Danielle Millard only graduated 6 months ago and is already proving she’s a force to be reckoned with. Upon graduating from The … Read More
- Brittan Bodnar only graduated from Art of Makeup 6 1/2 months ago, and not long before that had just graduated High School, and she’s already well on her way to making a career for herself in makeup artistry. She just sent me this message which I … Read More
- As you know, a career in makeup artistry can take you down many paths, some rather unexpectedly! Having an open mind and flexibility can bring a lot of adventure and new experiences. Shannon Vincent recently became the IMATS retail sales manager, and gets to travel to every … Read More
- A career as a makeup artist can take you down many paths, and Art of Makeup graduates have achieved successful careers in so many different ways! Brooke Morse graduated from Art of Makeup in 2012. Since then her life has taken her to Britain and back, … Read More
- Student: Camille Rose Milroy Program: Art of Makeup Master Class From: Anchorage, AK Currently Residing: Anchorage, AK Portfolio: camrosebeauty.com Camille Rose Milroy came all the way from the Inupik region of Alaska to attend Art of Makeup. She wanted to be a part of the … Read More
- GRADUATE COLLABORATION WITH HORIZON AIR Horizon Air, a Northwest based airline (sister airline of Alaska Airlines and subsidiary of Alaska Airline Group), contacted Art of Makeup seeking makeup and hair services for a corporate photo shoot production to showcase new employee uniforms for marketing and … Read More
- Sarah was no ordinary student of mine. Every student has their own special qualities, but Sarah Rubano is pretty darn extra special and it was such an honor to have her in my classes. Not only was Sarah the Head of theHair and Makeup Department … Read More
- Student: Jennifer Knauss Program: Art of Makeup Master Class From: Sherwood, OR Currently Residing: Portland, OR Jennifer Knauss came to Art of Makeup after leaving cosmetology school when she became discouraged upon discovering there was no focus on makeup. Makeup was what she really wanted … Read More
- Courtney Lewis was one of the first people to knock on my door when I started teaching classes in 2012. She was still in high school, but had been planning her future for as long as she could remember. She wanted to be a Disney princess … Read More